Thursday, May 20, 2010

Your Daily Blog part 2

Didn't I do something like this a year ago? Then people complained because I kept adding onto the same blog all week and you were all like, "I CAN'T FIND THE NEW STUFF, HYATTE!!! IT'S TOUGH TO FIND THE NEW AMONG THE OLD!!!"

Babies.

* Since we are entering the weekend and weekends are usually very quiet around here, plus I'd like to give more people the opportunity to weigh in about Sasha Grey, The Human Centipede, and WWE's PG stuff, I'll only make a few random shots, and then give you something fun to read.

* You got to give Vince Russo some credit for consistency. For years and years, forever really, he's written... BOOKED (ooo, carny talk), his women performers as if he hates them. You could make a case that he DOES hate women, given the way he's presented them on TV as little more than boy toy sluts without a brain in their head.

My case, and I think I made this before, is that Russo doesn't hate women at all, he just has little to no respect for his wrestling audience. He thinks we are all lonely, parent-basement dwelling losers who resent and hate women for rejecting us... because who would date a wrestling fan?

Basically, he writes women because he figures the audience wants to see them as Abyss's sex slave, or snobby, cocky bitches who deserve a good spanking on their high toned ass. He has no respect for his audience. Probably hates them, in fact.

* And he isn't without justification. Have you actually LOOKED at a wrestling crowd?

* And how about that guy who phoned in bomb threats and promises of murder sprees several times to WWE headquarters because they shitcanned Mickey James... and when the WWE traced the guy's cell phone, and had him charged, and he faced the Judge and explained that he wasn't serious, just voicing a displeasure in the douchiest way possible, the judge banned him from having any contact with professional wrestlers... and FORBADE him from attending a show again, the guy gawked at the Judge, gawked at his lawyer, and said, "I can't go to wrestling shows anymore??"

So... I'm thinking Russo is onto something.

* Speaking of uptight bitches, I recently plowed through all my DVDs of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (that would be seasons 2-7) and you notice soemthing about the Extras in all of them. Buffy is nowhere to be found. Sarah Michelle Geller isn't on one episode commentary track, isn't anywhere near any season's blooper reel, is NEVER featured on any DVD production feature, never is interviewed, is never seen talking about the show. IS NOT ON ANYTHING BUT THE SHOWS THEMSELVES!! AND ITS HER FUCKING SHOW!!!

And when there IS a commentray track for any episode, they speak of her very carefully with the usual, "Sarah's great in this scene", or "She did some great work here." But that's it. No insight, no comments about hanging out with her. Nothing.

Watch these DVds with this in mind and you get the sense that Sarah was a high end C-word for all 7 seasons. Possibly why we haven't seen all that much of the girl after the show ended.

* And to the dude who asked, no Eric S is not in my loop and he really never was. The only person in my loop ignores my emails and generally disappears for weeks at a time. Oh, and Flea.

* Back to wrestling, with the rather disquieting return of Virgil for a (Christ I HOPE) quick run on WWE TV, I've read people say that he is pretty much The Wrestler in real life. I disagree. If you pay attention and see what's up, you'd clearly see that the real life, TRUE version of Randy the Ram is none other than Tammy Sytch.

Coming second is Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, who almost made me cry when that You Tube video of him showing up at a Backyard Wrestling "show" and looking completely disgusted about being there. Why can't they all just slip into some loveless marriage with a rich construction company owner and be set for life. Love is overrated anyway.

Okay, sow for the new segment. I had a boss named Bill who was Italian and a pretty neat guy. He manscaped his eyebrows, worked out like a fiend, had a spray on tan, and wore very expensive suits. He was a good guy, unless he fucked you over with your pay, which he did a lot... but not to me so I still liked him.

The thing with Bill is that he couldn't think faster than he spoke, which led to him saying some very dumb things. Not inappropriate things, just... stupid things. He mixed up and mispronounced his words a LOT.

Well, he had been doing this for a while since before I came to work there, and someone started keeping a list of things he said... and every so often we'd break them out and share a laugh over the List. I have the list in my hands now and thought I'd share a few... and no, you won't be able to gleen what I do for a living by what I have here, so don't bother trying.

So, with the set-up nicely set-up, I present to you:

BIG HITTER-ISMS

"I misunderestimated."

"Gross slowly dropping substantially."

"Take taxes into configuration."

"We must do 20% of last year."

"This place is an apostrophe."

"Tooting your own feather."

"Brett can't structure a fish."

"I've been baking my case for a month."

"I'm gonna be breathing down their throats."

"It starts at the top and goes up from there."

And that's JUST A TASTE!! I plan on stringing this out for a while.

Actual stuff he said, for real, not making this up.

Okay, so for the weekend, from my own personal picture files, make of this what you will:



Amen brother... amen.