Sunday, September 21, 2008

Why You Put Up With Me

For the COMMENTS

And yes, it seems that I actually am keeping my promise, for once.

No dawdling. Let's just jump right into it. Recent comments covering the last 7 weeks or so.

1) September 19, 2008 10:54 AM... scooter said... Chris - drop me a line. SK

What? Oh why? What the fuck did I do NOW? I haven't bothered with you for years? What do you want for CHRIST SAKES??? Writing tips? Sure, grow an imagination. Start there. And maybe quit watching so much fucking television. Stop sucking the cock of every fucking flash in the pan pop-culture HOT tv show and start reading a book or two. Fucking cumstain.

And you arrogant, fat, ugly beanbag. You drop ME a line. Who the fuck are you to beckon for me. You want me, find me and reach out. AIM will be fine. You know my screen name. Go find it, its the same one I've had for 11 years. You come find me, you fucking dog-face cocksucking pregnant man.

Four books in and you still work a dayjob to pay bills. At what point does "doing it for bragging rights only" lose its luster? When will you peel that sign that says SUCKER off your forehead?

Still a delusional tool.

Unless this is a fake imposter, then forget all the above.


2) August 12, 2008 12:12 PM... Villano 8905 (screw the Roman Numerals) said... only one explanation... HYATTE IS KILLER KOWALSKI!!!

You know, I think I met the dude.

I was at a pool party that someone on my Dad's softball team was throwing. I was somewhere between 8-12 years old. All I remember about it was spending most of the day in the pool, because I love to swim and do underwater handstands and use the water to pretend that I was Spider-Man. Anyway, someone came over and sat down on the edge of the pool and kicked his feet in the water and just hung out with me and we talked and, for some stupid reason, I became convinced that he was Killer Kowalski. I think I summoned the balls to ask and I seem to remember him saying yes, then no, then yes again.

So yeah, he decided to get his rocks off fucking with the head of a little kid.

Then he got into the water and we played "Aquaman and the Mermaid". To this day, I can't figure out which one I was supposed to be. I think we alternated.

Glad Killer's dead, that bastard.

3) August 12, 2008 12:08 PM Moonage Daydream said... Like a lot of New Englanders, isn't he of French descent?

Yes, but there's a wrinkle that I never pointed out before in all my time online.

This is an exclusive.

Are you ready?

Good.

Most of the Southern New England populace set up shop around the 18th and 19th Century, right after the Colonies were erected.

(Southern New England generally refers to everthing south of Boston right down to Connecticut)

And yes, most of Southern New England's first settlers were French. But not just ANY sort of French. No, these Frogs came over here to start a new life from a very particular area.

The Quebec province. Canada

Canadian French.

So yer ol' Pal Hyatte has some Canadian blood in him.

Ain't that a mind blower.

4) September 4, 2008 3:54 PM... stewie said... two big brawls from your bouncer days? Things are getting fisico, er, physical around here.

Stewie, I know you are loving these minor league inside lines, but you really are so far off it makes me smile, but for all the wrong reasons.

But, since you wondered, many times, I'll finally let you in on my thoughts here:

This will be the fifth and final season of Boston Legal. They already announced it. It's over after this year. We get 23 more shows and then BYE BYE.

Why? Well, I think its because David E Kelly's production company works really cheap, and Kelly himself gets burned out on doing the same show after a while so he moves on and his writers stick around and the quality of the show drops.

PLUS, Kelly's company typically signs his stars to 5 year deals. Well, after 5 year contracts end, the stars want to renegotiate for more money. And Kelly is a cheapo, as is the network that contracted his company for the show.

Now, Boston Legal has three headliners and a bunch of inter-changeable supporting characters, and I swear, this show has GOT to have the record for sweeping out supporting characters at a ridiculously fast rate. But these three lead stars, James Spader, William Shatner, and Candice Bergan, hold the show together. Keep it going. Draw the crowds.

And win lots of Emmys.

But, James Spader, who took the gig on a lark after being brought into The Practice to help wrap up its last season and set up the debut of Boston Legal is a movie guy. He makes mostly movies. Maybe he decided to be a Father and Husband and bring home a steady paycheck for 5 years, but movie people generally don't submit to the grind of TV if they know they can make more movies. So if he even WANTS to stay with the show for a few more years, he'll expect a huge pay raise in order to resign.

And William Shatner. Well, every impression I get from ol Bill is that he is every bit the ego-maniac he appears to be. Even though Kelly basically built "Denny Crane" completely around Shatner's strengths while totally hiding his weaknesses, Shatner probably isn't thanking Christ Himself for this major career overhaul, Shatner probably think that Kelly better pay up BIG in order to keep him happy and coming to work and not going to bigger and better things. So HE'LL want a huge pay bump too.

Candice Bergan? Seems like a smart actress who knows only full well just how few roles are out there for a woman of her age. She probably wasn't much of a fuss and only asked for a small bump.

BUT THE POINT IS... the show, which never got outstanding ratings, would've cost too much to continue and Kelly was probably bored with it anyway. So its out. Bye Bye.

Me? I loved the show, loved Spader's character, LOVED Shatner, loved them both together, and have all available shows on DVD... but 3 years from now, no one will be talking about it like they still talk about Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Seinfeld. It was what is was... a fun show with good, likeable characters that ran its course.

And anyone ever notice that no one talks about Friends anymore either? Turns out that wasn't quite the groundbreaking show destined for the archives that everyone thought it was.


5) August 12, 2008 2:00 AM... Anonymous said... Just saw some of RAW. I think the thing to do with Punk and JBL is for JBL to start what he did tonight with the booze, but instead Punk heels JBL for the booze and the audience, and then gets elitist and then retires JBL so he can go back to commentary when Foley leaves. Basically just redo the Punk/Raven shit. Also, Cody Rhodes is already a better wrestler than Cena. Sucked how they gave the kids the belts back but jobbed them after the bell. Come on. B

Or how about Punk challenges for the world title a few more times, keeps losing, then ends up fighting for the I.C title and settles in on mid-card where he belongs and meanwhile, how about they do NOT redo Raven/Punk because its a safe bet no one knows what the hell that was and if they did, they wouldn't pitch it to Vince McMahon for fear of getting thrown out of the building.

Cody Rhodes is boring; Goldust is a much more interesting performer, both in and out of the ring. But everyone says Ted DiBiase's kid is the future.

Punk ain't shit. But then again, it took me a long time to warm up to John Cena, now I sort'a like him.

The irony of the WWE is that most of them have to work for years and years and constantly improve their craft before getting the main event permenant push, and then by then they are so beaten and banged up, their shelf life up top hardly lasts more then a few years, It's what killed Austin, its partially why Eddie Guerrero is in the ground, its why Kurt Angle almost died, and its what's killing Edge right now.

Meanwhile, I sit here, read the spoilers, and I am stunned... just STUNNED that TNA is actually building a Jeff Jarrett/Sting feud as if its going to make them money.

6) September 6, 2008 11:00 AM... Hank Snaredrum said... Wha'?!?

Sorry Hank, but you're off the grid. It's not your fault, you were okay, didn't do anything wrong.

But I really can't deal with what you were created to do. I really fucking hate Facebook. Its not for me. Not my bag. I see no point in it. There's nobody I want to "poke" and I REALLY don't like being just another part of someone's crowd.

Bryan Alvarez recently bragged about having 1000 Facebook buddies and his goal was getting 5000. WHY??? WHY WHY WHY??? WHAT'S THE POINT?

Yet the deviousness of Facebook is frightening. See, you just can't delete your account. You can only "deactivate" it. Which means you can "reactivate" your account with just a click of the button. It's like Satan's tool for getting you to eat the apple.

But then I realize that I have plenty of apples in my fridge. I don't need anymore. Real friends call. Net friends are just fantasies. Boring.

And MySpace sucks too.

There. And I'll do the other half later this week. Topics I am planning on are Eric S, Janine, and whatever else you want to ask.

And then you all can kiss my ass