Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Remember Yesterday, Morgan Fairchild, Pat Sajak, Ham slow, and it's still raining.

I'm in a reflective mood tonight.

There's a minor change... which around these parts is a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT. I have added The Supremes "#1's" to my massive 10 disc CD changer in my car. Sue me, it's got all the Supremes hits and, because her ego knows NO bounds and never did, some sweet Diana Ross hits. It's motherfuckin' Old School and I WANT IT!!!

Of course, add one and you must lose one, since this ain't an 11 disc CD changer. So, after a good long time... Rhianna.... sadly, gets the boot. End of an era.

The Umbrella is closed. ella ella ay ay ay ay

Tragedy. And stupid. Dummy.

I know, an Ipod will solve all this and I can have every single CD I want and the entire Beatles catalogue at my disposal... probably for free. But I like the idea of changing things up. And moving on.

Oh, I'm sorry, am I DATING myself by referencing the Beatles? The Supremes? Should I go get the entire.... err.... MILEY CYRUS OEUVRE????? Eat me, cisco.

SOMEDAY!! WE'LL BE TOGEEEETHERRRRR.... YES WE WILL, YES WE WILL!!! SAY IT SAY IT SAY IT SAY IT!!!

********

Tomorrow is Ham Slow's birthday. I will not get her anything. Last year I gave her two Beyonce CDs... well.... really, I loaned her the CDs a few months prior and said, "Eh, keep the fuckin' things, baby. Ain't like you were planning on returning them to me." Oh don't worry, I am quite good at pushing her buttons.

*******

I wonder if Freddie Prinze Jr realizes that from now on, every single career move he does, every time he gets press for something, a slew of wrestling reporters will report it. I mean, David Arquette still gets Meltzer love.

I'm pretty sure you have a better shot at having God knock on your door late at night to borrow gas money then you have at seeing Sarah Michelle Gellar agree to appear on WWE programming. Either that or she will show up on RAW in one of those Brian Gerwitz hilarious comedy segments and the next day we'll read Perez Hilton (well, I'LL read it on Perez, you people will read it on Jason Powell's felched out site) about her agent shoving a .22 in his mouth and firing.

Just a wee bit desperate for pub, that Freddie Prinze... and his father was overrated too.

******
A surefire way to send my comments section to a screeching halt is to talk about comic books. This ain't newsarama, people. Clearly.

*****

What the holy fuck is Eric S. up to? I don't know, but if wearing masks and being a very minor thorn in the well calloused toe of Scientology is what floats is boat at this stage of his life, then go to it, cowboy. I'd personally be more interested in maintaining a steady job and building a nest egg for the day age and all those mental/physical ailments catch up to him, but I ain't him.

What I DO know is that Widro must be FURIOUS that his only remaining star writer abandoned him for this nonsense, or at least didn't offer to use Inside Pulse as a forum to wage his "war" against this multimillion dollar, well-connected, squash him like a bug, cult.

I don't know what Eric, "No Soul" Ashley is doing either... but let's hope he involves those few months of Mop-Ups I did for his... good stuff there.

And PW Pop... because Dave Scherer wants to tells us what he watches... and there is nothing he watches that isn't "hot" today, "ooo, I never miss House, you should watch it!" says Dave.

I do find it hilarious picturing 50 year old Dave Scherer... a barely removed middle class, middle aged working joe from Jersey, settling in to watch a marathon of The Hills so he can write about it. That cracks me up.

Anyway... and trust me because I've seen this movie... twice. PWIPop will go unnoticed by everyone and only wrestling fans who brave the pop-ups and visit PWinsider will visit there once every so often. This will make no noticeable impact on anything.

People... I assure you... Mike Johnson is NOT the next Perez Hilton.

*****

I'm reflective because I'm considering writing a Hulk Hogan essay and sending it to Meltzer, who will ignore it and send it to Alvarez... who will ignore it and send it to that little kid who is eating something with Brian in their photo on top of the new Figure 4/Observer union. Really, what is that guy, 12?? Either way, it'll get ignored. But I'll feel good for writing it.

But another thing that's making me reflective are all these commercials I've been seeing about the digital converter people have to buy after next February because they will stop beaming out TV signals for little rabbit ear antennas to grab. Seeing those commercials with broke-ass people of ALL shapes and sizes (well, they couldn't just show welfare blacks and old people) getting all into the last remaining bits of free TV made me hark back to when I was a kid, to when we ALL were kids.

Three motherfuckin' channels... and FOX on weekends... and a snowy ass UHF local station that showed old Godzilla movies on Saturday afternoons. You missed a movie in the theater? You waited just one year and watched it on network TV with commercials and words like "hell", and "damn" and "ass" edited out. I swear, I must've been 24 years old before I saw Smokey and the Bandit and realized that Jackie Gleason actually DIDN'T say the word "scumbum" 27 times in the movie.

And lazy?? Remotes were for them rich folks. You wanted to turn the channel, you had to get up and walk to the TV, and flip the tuner... and then adjust the antenna... and then slap the side of the TV a few times.

And my God in heaven... Morgan Fairchild taught me that there was more to my penis then running water through it. She was in this show called Flamingo Road and for a few weeks she was totally banging this meathead Cuban guy named Julio and it was so sinful and so dirty and so hot. And then she started doing this guy whose real name is David Selby and he had no problems jamming his tongue down her throat and she happily reciprocated...

Flamingo Road went off the air and for its last show we saw that David Selby was some sort of Satan worshipper. Which was stupid even back then.

and then both actors turned up on Falcon Crest and David Selby did some really hot love scenes with Ana Alicia who wasn't really hot, but she kissed really well. I mucked up my TV screen good and proper thanks to her... a few times.

Meanwhile, Morgan Fairchild was given one shot at a movie career with a lead in the movie The Seduction, which was about a news anchorwoman who is stalked... the movie bombed, as did her film career because the dumb broad wouldn't get naked.

But the movie is famous for the scene where she turns the tables on the stalker, corners him, and husks, "Fuck me, come on, fuck me" over and over. The impotent little weasel couldn't close the deal. I'd post the Youtube trailer but I already have a video for tonights entry.

Anyway... so when the old man finally popped for cable and we got HBO... it was like Heaven on Earth... and MTV came on... JJ Jackson, Mark Goodman, Martha Quinn, Nina Blackwood, and Alan Hunter were the 5 VEE Jays and by God Rod Stewart's career was REVITALIZED!!!

Fun fact... Hall and Oats got HEAVY airplay on MTV back in the day... like, the VeeJays were PSYCHED to play the latest Hall & Oats video. Mind boggling, ain't it?

All over the place here.

One strange thing about the old days, the Big Mac tasted exactly the same as it does now... but McDonalds also had something called "The McDLT" which was a rectangular box that separated the two buns, so one bun had the hamburger and the other bun had the trimmings... and the trick was the hot stayed hot while the cool stayed cool, then you mashed them and chowed... and GOD DAMMIT IT WAS GOOD!!

It was also Styrofoam... which was fast becoming an environmental no no even back then... so they killed it. I've been waiting 18 years for them to bring that puppy back.

Did you know, back then, CBS thought Pat Sajak could beat Johnny Carson and give them a late night foundation? Yes, the host of Wheel of Fortune was a late night host for... all of 6 months. Carson was too busy wondering why Arsenio Hall was pulling the kids away from his hilarious interviews with Jimmy Stewart, Kathy Guisewhite, and Carl Reiner with a musical performance from Chuck Berry. Actually, I was wondering that too... Arsenio SUCKED, man.

Didn't matter... whenever Carnac was due to appear I was THERE, DUDE!!

I should do a Hyatte-Yak again soon. I'll work on it.

****

Anyway, with all this reflecting of the past, and with this country in the shithole... BIG TIME... I think I should end this little thing with a glimmer of hope... and a reminder of why my country really rocks... even still right now...

According to Drudge... not only did AMERICA finally found a moon on Saturn that has an actual lake... (not of WATER but still...) but just within the last day or so, AMERICA has FINALLY created a pill that seems to halt... and even REVERSE the onslaught of Alzheimer's disease... and not just AMERICA but people in HOUSTON, TEXAS... may have finally found a cure for HIV.

We are about to cure AIDS, people. AIDS AND ALZHEIMER'S...

See, we ain't so bad.

******

Finally, I was driving around the other day and a song came on the radio. It was a song that I've heard a few billion times before but that day... at that moment... for God knows why... actually, I DO know why and so does someone else if they are paying attention... and still stop by on a daily basis....

Anyway, it resonated with me... currently. I grooved to the song... jammed to it... maybe shed a small tear.

It's 80's... it's hair metal... and no, I'm not necessarily proud of myself right at the moment.

But I forgot who sung it... so I did some net research... and at first I thought it was Tesla which was shameful right there... and disgusting... but I found the lyrics and the artist... and now I wish it WAS Tesla.

Wasn't Courtney Love either.

It's god damn Skid Row... fuckin' Sebastian Bach... I never... EVER bought one of their albums... and I still won't... but right at this very moment... the song made an impact on me...

AND YOU ALL WILL SUFFER FOR IT!!!

Woke up to the sound of pouring rain
The wind would whisper and I'd think of you
And all the tears you cried, that called my name
And when you needed me I came through

I paint a picture of the days gone by
When love went blind and you would make me see
I'd stare a lifetime into your eyes
So that I knew you were there for me
Time after time you were there for me

Remember yesterday - walking hand in hand
Love letters in the sand - I remember you
Through the sleepless nights and every endless day
I'd wanna hear you say - I remember you

We spend the summer with the top rolled down
Wished ever after would be like this
You said I love you babe, without a sound
I said I'd give my life for just one kiss
I'd live for your smile and die for your kiss

Remember yesterday - walking hand in hand
Love letters in the sand - I remember you
Through the sleepless nights and every endless day
I'd wanna hear you say - I remember you

We've had our share of hard times
But that's the price we paid
And through it all we kept the promise that we made
I swear you'll never be lonely

Woke up to the sound of pouring rain
Washed away a dream of you
But nothing else could ever take you away
'Cause you'll always be my dream come true
Oh my darling, I love you

Remember yesterday - walking hand in hand
Love letters in the sand - I remember you
Through the sleepless nights and every endless day
I'd wanna hear you say - I remember you

Remember yesterday - walking hand in hand
Love letters in the sand - I remember you
Through the sleepless nights and every endless day
I'd wanna hear you say - I remember you


And click the video and SING ALONG WITH THE WORDS!!!!!!





I wanna hear you say, I remember youuuu....

Breaks my heart... as fresh today as back when. And that means something.

Reflections of... the way life used to be...

And just like that, with me being the genius that I am... it all gets tied together! Hyatte still rules.

Next time, all comments... I'll nail, like, a bunch of them in one shot. So fill 'er up