Thursday, September 20, 2007

of sports and monkey man faces and other droplets

HYATTE (so a google search goes right here)

So anyways, the goal is to do this twice a week, at least. I've broken all my promises about blogging and all that already (STILL no MySpace and I found the delete button on Facebook, so that's gone. I have no idea why I keep reminding you that I have no MySpace or Facebook... I swear I'm not seting up a giant Myspace debut or anything.), but I figure... if I'm going to do this, I might as well do it in a style I'm familiar with... long segments. LOOOONG segments!

I'd rather sit down and hammer shit out twice a week then splatter about sever times a week... or in many cases, several TIMES A DAY! Fuckin' losers.

GRUT... nope, I have nothing to say. I stand by my theory on what happened and since he's not dumb enoiugh to try to post anonymously again and accuse me of war crimes, I'll let the birdie fly away. Besides, the comments from you folks were more than enough.

My favorite being: Go away GRUT! No one likes you! from "DewersXXX" Hyuck.

Football: Do you realize that we now have an extremely pissed off New England Patriots team whose only agenda is to blow the holy shit out of every smartass team that comes up against them? Belichek fucked up, yeah, so what, pretty much everyone is saying, "Well, this isn't anything NEW here, he's just the dumb ass who got caught!"

Belichek was taught how to Coach a football team under Bill Parcells... you really think Parcells didn't try every single dirty trick to get him the advantage?

This is a monster, these Patriots. Tom Brady has been pissed off for two years running now. Randy Moss has something major to prove after sitting in his own piss in Oakland. Brady is a throwing QB, (in case the fact that he spent most of the FIRST QUARTER OF SUNDAY'S GAME doing nothing but lobbing short and long bombs) and has been waiting a full year for quality hands. Whenever Brady decides to run the ball, consider it a favor.

New England's going to make a statement all season long, it's going to be sheer hell to watch for all but the six states sitting in the northeast corner of the states.

Can't wait for November 4th, or as we here in the colonies call it: Payback Time!

Red Sox: Yankee fans don't get too excited. The Sox ALWAYS have a tiny little meltdown right around late summer. The Sox and the Yanks are only the two strongest teams in MLB, it only makes sense that the whole season ends with the typical knock-down, drag-out, heartbreaker.

Derek Jeter, someone remind me to tell you why he's too jaded to be a team leader anymore.

Hmm... let's see...

Heh, the funniest thing ever is that this David Beckham made soccer semi-cool for about ten seconds, then blew out his knee and no one cares about "the pitch" anymore.

Listen, in AMERICA, when we see an athlete, who is crying about a hurt ankle and can't play... when we see him and his bone stick, waaaay too pampered for our liking (we threw Gwyneth Paltrow out of the country because of her snobby attitude) wife all over the gossip pages eating at nice restaurants and drinking and partying and getting dressed up and NOT REHABBING THAT BAD ANKLE and then we read how he has to fly across the pond to play for another team... even though we dumped a shitload of good, hard american dollars on his ass... and when he comes back only to blow out his knee and shout, "Bloody 'ell, that's it for me fer a good 6 month bit!"... and this is someone who's playing a sport that we tolerate at best...

This isn't Merry Ol' England... we don't forgive people who are paid UnGodly sums to make us watch a sport we weren't thinking about embracing anytime soon.

The rest of the world can have "football"... we want gigantic black men slamming into other gigantic black men (and a few white quarterbacks) once a week (with one game on Mondays) and know that when the other team grabs the ball it's a BIG, EXCITING MOMENT... not boring business as usual.

Oh and, of course, there's the whole gambling thing... very big with NFL games, not so much with Soccer.

I'll get into soccer when I know I'll get some really good pussy after the game.

Ashley: I had to watch Survivor tonight just because Meltzer said she wasn't going to last for long... and you can see why.

In a PR embarrasment that's almost as bad as this whole, "Everyone's dying on us, for god's sakes!" epidemic, Ashley Massaro (who looks like a man with all the make-up off, but with it on she looks really good... anyone have her AIM screen name?), the BIG TIME WWE ATHLETE WITH BIG OL' ARMS, LUSCIOUS OL' BOOBIES, A ROCKIN' BOD, SIX PACK ABS, AND A FIESTY ATTITUDE spent the CRUCIAL period of the show where the Tribes get a feel for one another and establish friendships... she spent it sick.

No, like fetal position almost puking sick. Completely helpless and useless.

Luckily for her, an old dude named "Chicken" who I KNOW feels a woman's place is in the kitchen and isn't opposed to slapping a woman until she LEARNS was the first one taken out.

Ashley's doomed... like, voted out next week doomed... and then she might as well update her resume and call TNA because the WWE, who already have enough problems, can't possibly be happy with one of their Superstar Athletic Super Hero Divas get out muscled by a fucking waitress from New York and a Christian radio talk show host.

They've been looking for a reason to fire her for years now.

Okay then, how about some questions, taken from various comments from various entries

September 4, 2007 12:24 PM... Boris says...Hyatte, RE: Superman Returns. Kevin Smith said the same thing about no punches. Are you a fat of the tubby-bearded-foulmouthed one? Seems you are quite similar in many ways...

Boris... how about you post a few questions anonymously once or twice, okay... spice things up.

And I do see your countdown thing and I only wonder if I'm going to last until you reach 0.

Am I fat? Umm... noooo, but it's harder to keep off as the years go bye.

Just because Kevin Smith saw the same obvious flaw in Superman Returns that I did doesn't make us simpatico... it makes the movie bad.

I feel bad for Kevin Smith... well, not really, but the guy is a year or so older than me, and God bless him for fashioning a nifty little career with a cult audience that is large enough to be almost mainstream (although that huge, boffo, big money movie has eluded him), but remember when he did Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and he made a MASSIVE promotional blitz where he swore, on a stack of bibles, that this was his farewell to that sort of movie making and he was moving on to SERIOUS fare?

Then he thought Ben Affleck and Jersey Girl would blaze this trail.

And it bombed... huge... because Ben Affleck movies will bomb... now and forever.

And it was right back to, what he calls "Dick and Fart" jokes.

Smith is his own worst enemy. He's also a contradiction. He has something to say and writes beautifully, but his filmaking, his storytelling, is LAZY!! I just re-watched Dogma the other night and fucking DAMN... what he was trying to say was fine but the bullshit direction... the piss-poor special effects... the action scenes... horrible... pathetic... low-rent.

It's almost like he doesn't have the confidence to play it straight and let the jokes flow from words, he has to go all slap-stick.

And now he's an older dude and he's STILL playing to the comic book crowd? I have to figure he's a little depressed about this... I mean, if he's a true artist.

He should let someone else direct his films.

And STAY AWAY FROM AFFLECK!!! BOX OFFICE POISON, THAT BOY IS!!

September 11, 2007 12:28 AM Jesse Baker said... People still watch the VMAs? Granted I stopped watching MTV when they stopped airing Daria and Jackass, but I'm shocked they don't just say fuck it and move the VMAs to VH1 or VH1 Classic. Where you know, they actually fucking show music videos. It's not even a fun trainwreck anymore to watch: nothing but stupid spoiled whores all around, as the network shills the rich blonde whore lifestyle as if that is the only acceptable way to live life and fuck you if you are middle-class or dirt poor. MTV's turned into a sanity-destroying, HP Lovecraft abomination. Only instead of a murderous cosmic octopus god, you have the cunts from Super Sweet Sixteen and "Real World: Now Utterly Irrelevant".

Jesse Baker? Is that you? What happened to that quiet, polite, shy kid who used to IM me and be scared shitless while doing so? Wow... college sure creates mouthy little brats.

The funny thing is, this is a generational argument... which means people have been complaining about MTV for years and years now, and it's always about the same stuff... CONTENT.

MTV won't change because they want to make money... and advertisers pay more for shows where people can leave their date and go on a new one rather then endless videos. Ultimately, MTV wants shows that they can film and turn into movies... why else do they give Bam Magera a free ride to make whatever show he wants. So he'll agree to Jackass 3 (and believe me, there won't be a Jackass 3 without the trio of Magera, Knoxville, and Steve O... the fat guy is useless, the dwarf is only good for two or three skits, Ryan Dunn isn't doing anything without Magera, there's the one guy who's big stunt is that he shits in strange places who is forgettable, there's the other guy who I think is sucking off one of the producers and that Chris Pontious dude just freaks me OUT)

MTV can talk about being all about pop culture all they want, but at the end of the day their corporate bosses (Les Moonves, if I'm not mistaken) want content that generates dollars... just like every big business.

Radio is the same way, which is why the next Nirvana, or any other band that will take things to the next level, have a loooooong battle ahead of them.

September 17, 2007 10:31 AM Wayne said... Oh brother. How did Grut know where you worked, man? I thought you were the man of secrets. Why would you tell him where you work?

There was a period where I trusted the wrong people. I'm pretty sure I told Grut where I worked and what I did but who remembers that long ago.

It doesn't happen again and Gloomchen really does have a big, BIG mouth.

September 11, 2007 4:04 AM Anonymous said... Rhianna sucks.

Listen, you:

You had my heart
and we'll never be world apart
Maybe in magazines
but you'll still be my star
Baby cause in the Dark
You can see shiny Cars
And that's when you need me there
With you I'll always share

BECAUSE!!

When the sun shines
We’ll shine together
Told you I'll be here forever
Said I'll always be your friend
Took an oath
I'mma stick it out 'till the end
Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we still have each other
You can stand under my Umbrella
You can stand under my Umbrella
(Ella ella eh eh eh)


And next time I attach the video.

September 14, 2007 9:12 AM Anonymous said... Hyatte, what probably happened with your cox email is pretty simple. A spammer used your email address in his FROM field, his email list probably contains thousands of unvalid emails, when an email is sent to an invalid recipeant, the email address in the from field receives a bounce back from posmaster.

Well that's just great. The email is gone, dead, no more. Let those bazillion letters bounce endlessly around cyberspace for all I care.

And finally...

September 20, 2007 9:13 AM Anonymous said... So how do you expect to receive email if your account is having problems? Then the audacity to moan that somone may not have been in contact!!!

Well... see... it's a deal where you haven't read what I wrote fully, just skimmed through it... this is what I wrote, pay attention now:

So I canceled the account. I use a yahoo e-mail anyway. And I ain't telling YOU because I don't need to be on anyone's mailing list.

See, the yahoo account, a very nice account that friends and family use to contact me and I receive IMMEDIATELY, is alive and well and eagerly awaiting mail from people I would like to hear from and hope they would like to hear from me.

If I don't see an e-mail from them as the weeks go by, I figure they have moved on and I can't do much about it... other than wish them well and remember the good times.

Basically, I'm very easy to find and stay in touch with. But you got to WANT TO.

Then, of course, there's the whole advanced, more personal lecture where I explain why I don't e-mail people first because the e-mails don't get answered and that's a real slap in the face AND an insult... but that's a different story.

I don't get mad, sometimes frustrated, but not mad. Disappointed, but not mad.

Well then... that's a good blog. I'm off. Good night.