Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Drunk and talkative

That's me.

You all have been really supportive and nice here. I don't really respond well to blind "YOU RULE HY8" notes, so don't worry about shit like that.

I want to respond to a few comments here. It's weird for me. On one hand I realize that I've operated online all these years under a shroud of mystery and there has GOT to be some lingering questions long time readers have that you've always wondered about. On the other hand, it feels awfully cocky of me to act like I am this man of mystery.

You know what I realized with all this talking about past stuff? That I've aged since I started in 1997, I've matured, seasoned up.

But you have too. Which is why I can't imagine anyone who has only known of me for, like, the past two years would see me as anything but this tool with an overgrown sense of accomplishment.

But if you've been with me since the beginning, or at least sionce 2001... well... you ain't a teenager anymore and I ain't a youthful 20 something douchebag.

Although... heh... if things were different around the old IWC, I think I'd could still produce a weekly Mop-Up that would bring ALL SORTS OF MOTHERFUCKING FURY!!

No, I'm not going to, but I COULD if the conditions were right. (they won't ever be so don't go asking.)

It's funny, I stumbled (googled my name and found) a message board where someone made a comment about how drawn out my "retirement" was and someone else said, "Hyatte, there's a name I haven't thought of for a long time" and someone else mentioned this blog and how I've mellowed. Why fight it, I have mellowed. Who wouldn't?

Anyway, while we're all sitting here getting older:

August 27, 2007 2:55 AM
Anonymous said... I'm not stalking you (first comment like an hour after you posted the blog)honest!!! At least you know i'm still clutching at straws... Guess who?

I answered this in the comments section but... well... I don't pay attention to comments on any blog I STALK... err, look over.

There is an obvious guess and the writing style would match said guess but who knows? You can't trust some people. E-mail me and say hello.

And maybe I want to be stalked?

August 27, 2007 5:31 AM

The guy that asked the economics question said... Four things: 1. Dave Scherer still exists? 2. There's somebody online that uses that actually calls themselves Tiny Tim? 3. I only scam people I don't respect. 4. So with that said: how would you reform economics?

1) He does and if you google PWInsider.com and click the link you get the following:

Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!

You can learn more about harmful web content and how to protect your computer at StopBadware.org.

Suggestions:

Return to the previous page and pick another result.

Try another search to find what you're looking for.

Or you can continue to http://www.pwinsider.com/ at your own risk.


Even Google is telling you that Dave Scherer runs a piece of shit site that will kill your computer.

His son is a junkie, I hear. So kharma is alive and well.

2) Yes. I ignore him

3) Aww, nice.

4) Hire people smarter than me with numbers (remember, way at the bottom of this blog, I admitted to being terrible with money.)

August 27, 2007 9:15 AM

Anonymous said... Whatever happened with you and Flea? After Inside Pulse, no mention of him.

Flea appeared in the DOI column a few times. Shit happens. When the time is right I'll get into it.

August 27, 2007 9:28 AM

Anonymous said... Not sure this is something you can comment on, but since you are about the same age I am, I'm wondering if you've noticed lately that there does not seem to be anything "new" or "innovative" being done in pop culture (or in general) anymore. I thought that perhaps it was just me being jaded as I get older, but as I watch TV or a movie with my daughter, I am predicting everything that happens BEFORE it happens. She'll get a CD and I can tell her after listening once which songs will get played on the radio. Radio DJ's do the same old schtick, including Stern recycling himself. Tyler "medea" Perry = martin lawrence = Flip Wilson Lindsey Lohan = Drew Barrymore Shakira = Charro. Hope you can find someone to publish your book, just to see something different out there. I think they have medicated this generation's version of Bukowski or Hunter S. Thompson, or sent them to rehab to many times. Krunchy

Good stuff. I think anything "new" has taken a backseat to improving on the current. Why create the next big thing when pretty soon we'll all have televisions that make us feels like we are at the football game. That High Def is serious stuff!

Seriously, the Internet right here is just starting to rearrange our lives. Ten years ago it was unthinkable to talk to anyone from another state without a phone, nowadays, getting someone to call you is like pulling fucking teeth.

Technology is improving shit so fast that we don't have time to ease back and find something new.

And it's all so we can get laid in new, creative ways.

I'll bore you all to tears in greater detail later on.

August 27, 2007 12:30 PM

Amy said... Write about the real life person that you know who would make a great character for a book or the girl who got away.

Amy... April... Lindsay... Allison... Kim... Tess... Desi (?)... Gloomie (??).... seems that Ladies STILL Love Cool Hy... heh... ho.

One day soon I'll tell you about Ham Slow. Absolutley drop dead gorgeous black girl I know. I'll tell you about Stefanie too. And Biola. Biola is a trip.

August 27, 2007 3:08 PM

Anonymous said... Not really writing something, but pointing out one of your previous writings ... specifically, the article where you first revealed that you were IM'ing Trish Stratus. I've looked all over the DOI archives for it, but (apparently) it's disappeared ...

Ah, the StratusFesto. Well, about 60% into my run at DOI someone hacked the site and Sean couldn't recover what was lost, so a good chunk of my columns vanished... and that went out with them.

I never keep these things, I'm afraid. Sorry.

That was an awesome piece too. Stratus herself said it made her cry. As well as it should!!

Sorry.

August 27, 2007 4:45 PM

Anonymous said... Here's my question: What's the secret of life? Fascinated to hear how you would answer this.

Yeah, do whatever you want so long as it makes you about s happy as you could possibly be which is never 100% - I don't care who you are. NO ONE is 100% happy.

The only rule is to NOT let whatever it takes to make you happy ruin another person's happiness.

If watching wrestling and buying wrestling t-shirts, and blowing all the paycheck on ROH DVDs and wearing Mom's underwear while parading around in your WCW Television championship replica that you bought on E-Bay makes you happy, then go for it.

Easy.

August 28, 2007 12:26 AM

Relevance said.... It seems like you are being completely open and honest with the maybe 100 of us still around or fortunate to find you. Since you have such a limited fanbase now, do you feel comfortable telling us what do you do for a living? I was fortunate a few years back to "interview" you, and you had said you were a house sitter. Is this still your job? (nothing too specific mind you, just curious) College? Post Grad? High School?

You're the dude with that "Broken Crate" interview thing that managed to stay on top of google search for so long?? Wow, Widro was, like, SO JEALOUS of you for years!!

Yes, I google my name from time to time... blow me.

You know, I'll tell you what I do in due time. This is new territory for me. Let me ease into stuff.

But since you all have been so cool... and seem a bit interested, I'll let loose one of my secrets... it's a small one, but a big step for Daddy here.

I'm 37 years old, but I LOOK 32 and I ACT 25 and I have sex like a... umm... 29 year old?

Heh... I'm oldz.

Anyway, I'll show up later on with something of substance. Keep asking me what you would like to hear me talk about. And if you just read this thing and don't want to comment, not a prob, enjoy yourself. Easy living here.